St. Germain CocktailSome of the most balanced and elegant cocktails are those with the fewest ingredients. You can head over to that trendy restaurant down the street and find a cocktail list where each one has like 5+ ingredients and be overwhelmed. Now, we’re not saying they can’t be good, but sometimes too many ingredients can be overkill.
What is a St. Germain cocktail?It is the perfect blend of summer afternoon sipping and wild Friday night. The St. Germain, vodka, gin, and prosecco pack enough punch to make this drink a “sip with caution” because they will disappear fast. St. Germain is an elderflower liqueur that is pleasantly floral, sweet, but not sugary, and extremely versatile. Recommended Tools
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
- Citrus press
- 1 1/2 oz of dry gin (or vodka) - Hendrick’s or Tanqueray are the most popular choices
- 1 oz St. Germain
- 3/4 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 oz of prosecco (Zonin recommended)
- Lemon twists
- Combine gin, St. Germain, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker, and fill with ice. Shake heartily until the shaker is very cold. Strain the mix into a champagne glass, top off with prosecco, and garnish with a lemon twist. Voilà! One of the easiest and tastiest cocktails you can make.